Local News South of the River

Serial offender has day in court

A 20-year-old East Fremantle man has appeared in the Fremantle Magistrates Court today, after being charged in regards to a string of events, which occurred between 23rd and 26th July.

At 4.10am, on Sunday 26th July, two men entered a home in East Frementle, where an altercation took place, and the occupant of the home was pepper sprayed by the offenders, before a pick axe was used to smash the glass of the front door to the property.

The resulting glass shards caused multiple wounds to the victim.

On the same morning, at around 5.30am, the alleged offenders threw a concrete candle holder though the window of a second home, also in East Fremantle.

The occupant of the home was badly injured by the shattered glass, as he stood by the window.

Another unknown object was thrown causing more broken glass, before the victim was pepper sprayed by the offender.

Later, on the Sunday morning at about 6.50am, the offenders stole a black Hyundai Tucson from another home in East Fremantle.

They then drove the car to Booragoon where there was an alleged altercation with a driver of the Ford Falcon, at the intersection of Riseley Street and Marmion Street.

The alleged offenders revered the stolen Hyundai into the Ford Falcon, causing damage to the bonnet. The driver of the Ford, was not injured in the incident.

Another incident in which a woman in her 30’s was threatened with pepper spray, outside her campervan in a unit complex in East Fremantle, is believed to have taken place at around 8.45am on the same Sunday morning.

The accused are believed to have entered the woman’s campervan sometime between 8.30pm on Saturday 25th July, and 8.30am on the Sunday morning.

Upon entry, they covered the interior of the campervan in oil, and several items were stolen.

A search warrant was served, and Fremantle Detectives searched a property on Alexandria Road, East Fremantle on Tuesday 28th July.

Several items of interest were obtained and the 20-year-old man was taken into police custody.

The outcome of the court appearance is yet to be determined, and an investigation into the second offender is ongoing.

About the author

Gemma Dwyer

Gemma Dwyer

Gemma Dwyer is the courts and crime correspondent for The WA Daily.

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment